Fun Travel Facts
1. Dying is illegal in the Houses of Parliament.
2. In 1930, female flight attendants had to weigh less than 115 pounds (52kg).
3. Adding salt and pepper to your food is considered highly offensive to chefs in Switzerland.
5. Around 300 people get married in Las Vegas every day.
6. Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world where there are no rivers.
7. All the money that is tossed into Rome's Trevi Fountain each day (about 3000 Euros) is collected each night and donated to charity.
8. The most remote travel destination in the world is Mongolia - the population density is 4 people per square mile (2.5 square km).
9. In 1987, American Airlines eliminated one olive from each salad in first class. This saved them $40 000 a year.
You might also like
Kids' Travel Guide - Rome: Kids enjoy the best of Rome with fascinating facts, fun activities, useful tips, quizzes and Leonardo! (Kids' Travel Guides) (Volume 7)
Book (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)