1. Dry clothes: Bring dry clothes and a Ziploc bag to store the wet ones in your day bag. A second swimsuit comes in handy for day two in case your first doesn’t quite dry.
2. Books or magazines: We love our eReaders but have had too many low-battery/sand-related incidents to risk hours of uninterrupted beach reading time.
3. Lots of drinking water: Staying hydrated is key.
4. A large blanket: You’ll want more surface area than just your towel to spread out and keep the wet sand at bay.
5. A jug of water: Keep this in your car to help rid yourself of pesky sand before you head back to the hotel. Baby powder works well too.
Complete Packing List for a Beach Vacation
Clothing & Accessories
Bring multiple swimsuits and coverups for multiple days on the beach. When you’re heading out, bring dry clothes with you. Don’t forget flip-flops and a great sun hat. For a killer workout, pack clothes and shoes for a run on the beach.
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Aloe vera gel
- Small first-aid kit
- Insect repellant
- Glasses, contact solution, case and extra pairs
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Dental floss
- Small container of shaving cream
- Sanitary products
- Brush or comb
- Disposable antibacterial wipes
- Hair detangler
- Lipbalm with sunscreen
- Phone charger
- External battery pack
- Health insurance card
- Credit and debit cards
- Printed copies of your hotel confirmation, rental car information, maps and itineraries
- Multiple sizes of zip-top bags
- Beach bag
- Snacks and bottled water
- Jug of water or baby powder to combat sand
- Beach blanket
- Beach chairs
- Beach umbrella
- Water shoes
- Water toys
- Floatation devices
- Books or magazines
- Handheld fan
You might also like
1 piece pink romantic flower rose pillow cushion plush toys hobby lobby décor home decorators collection blinds
1 piece yellow KISSING emoticon pillow hobby lobby décor home decorators collection blinds