Travel on Amtrak trains
From offering the best route for a first-time rider to what to do once you're on the train, this list will come in handy any time you ride the train to one of our more than 500 destinations.
7. "It's a lot cheaper than air travel. Just like anything you have to book in advance. I go from Portland to Illinois every year round trip for two just a little over $500, and you don't have to pay for your luggage and don't have the hassle of going through security. Love, love, love, the train."
Jennifer Lehman Ludin via Facebook
6. "Unplug and enjoy the scenery completely."
Guy Peterson via Facebook
5. "The Coast Starlight is one of the best. Always upgrade to enjoy the private first-class Parlour Car and wine & cheese tasting."
Bill Ramage via Facebook
4. "Go on the NEC (Northeast Corridor) for sure. It's a short enough journey to get someone acclimated with riding a train."
Chris Barnes via Twitter
3. "When you compare cheaper fares with Amtrak to Greyhound, the ride is more comfortable, spacious, and quieter with snack bar & dining."
Mac-the whale via Twitter
2. "Get a sleeper car when possible! The quiet is priceless!"
Bob Melloy via Facebook
1. "Try taking the Adirondack to Montreal. I did in the coldest weather and had a great time! The ride was smooth & the scenery was fantastic!"
Linda Murphy via Facebook
Want to learn more about Amtrak and our current deals and promotions? Click “Sign Up” at the top right of this page to receive information straight to your inbox!
You might also like
Mexican Train To Go, Number Dominoes
Petunia Pickle Bottom Travel Train Case, Breakfast in Berkshire
Baby Product (Petunia Pickle Bottom)
Melissa & Doug Water Wow Coloring Book - Vehicles
Toy (Rejects from Studios)
Peaceable Kingdom / Build It! Construction Sticker Activity Book
Toy (Peaceable Kingdom)
NYX Makeup Artist Train Case, 3 Tier Stackable Black/White
Beauty (NYX Cosmetics USA, Inc.)