One of the most coveted perks at Travelzoo is the Travelzoo Experience, in which Deal Experts and other employees take advantage of the same travel, entertainment and local deals we publish to our subscribers and report back on their experience.
I had been waiting for the perfect mother-daughter trip all year, and I ended up booking us a trip to . We like to conquer the outdoors, hike, unwind in the spa, fill our lungs with fresh air and sip micro-brews - and Vail seemed to have it all.
In addition to two nights at we booked one night in downtown Vail. We loved the start of the trip - a total escape to the mountains to really disconnect. We went hiking at Hanging Lake, got massages, took a group exercise class ($10) and relaxed in the hot tub, pool, sauna and lobby. The last night we were happy to be in downtown Vail, where we shopped and ate in the village.
Looking to take your own trip? Here's some pointers:
- was extremely reasonable, about $200 roundtrip from the West Coast. From San Francisco, the flight was less than three hours.
- Rental Car: We rented a Jeep SUV. Like many others, I also suggest an SUV for, especially for Vail because the weather and then the roads can be unpredictable.
- Favorite place: When I go back to Vail I will definitely visit the local favorite Avalanche Ranch Hot Springs. It has three natural, cascading hot springs on the property. Daily rates start at $15 for adults. Massages are also available on site.
- Hikes: Hanging Lake was a steep incline, but at the end of the hike are majestic falls. The waterfalls were in full gushing force after winter’s snow began to melt. Definitely take the extra side path up to Spouting Rock for a chance to walk behind the waterfall - this was our trip’s highlight! Our other memorable hike was to Booth Creek Falls. We didn’t make it all the way to the falls due to hitting snow, but this hike is picturesque and shouldn’t be missed.
- Health: I got elevation sickness, which consisted of a headache and feeling really tired the first day. The remedy? Drink plenty of water on your drive to Vail and take a few Ibuprofen.
You might also like
Lucky Brand Selden LB1402 Travel Tote Handbag,Khaki,One Size
Apparel (6pm Lucky Brand Handbags)