Travel tips for Cancun, Mexico
All About Cancun has compiled a list of Cancun Tips intended to make your vacation safer and more enjoyable. Be sure to study and keep these tips in mind, or print them out to take with you.
This is valuable information that can make your trip to Cancun even better if you apply it correctly.
General Cancun Travel Tips to Keep In Mind
- While it is true that hotels and resorts filter water, this does not guarantee that all bacterial agents are safely removed, nor does it mean that you will not possible get sick. Bottled water is readily available throughout Cancun, so be on the safe side and avoid drinking tap water.
- Another very important Cancun travel tip to remember is that sunscreen is only effective here if it is waterproof. It is highly unlikely that you will never get in the ocean or a pool, so think beyond your tan when protecting your skin.
- Mexico has very strict laws when it comes to defacement of currency. No bills that have been torn can be passed in Cancun—not even as tips or petty change. If someone offers you a torn bill, politely asked for one that has not been defaced. Otherwise, you have just lost money.
- Beachfront hotels are private property and prefer that guests from other hotels not use their property to access the beach. There are ten public access points throughout Cancun that will allow any guests from any part of the island quick and convenient access to the water.
- When shopping or clubbing, stay with the crowds. No city in the world should be walked alone at night. Even a safe place like Cancun is best explored in a group.
- Do not believe people in information booths who say they are not selling time shares. They are.
- Pedestrians do not have the right of way in Mexico. Let the cars have the road.
- Cancun is on Central Time and observes Daylight Savings Time.
You might also like
Cruise Ship Secrets - Tips for planning your perfect Cruise (Europe, the Caribbean, Alaska and beyon
Book (Cruising Success)
JUNEAU, ALASKA TOUR - A Self-guided Walking Tour - Includes insider tips and photos of all locations - Explore on your own schedule - Like having a friend ... you around! (Visual Travel Tours Book 228)
eBooks (Visual Travel Tours)
Fielding's Alaska Cruises and the Inside Passage: The Most In-Depth Guide to Alaska Cruises, Land Excursions, Insider Tips and Complete Ports of Call Listings
Book (Fielding Worldwide)